Wednesday 24 August 2011

Sicilian-Style Fish Stew

I keeping with the 'quick and healthy' theme of late, I cooked Sicilian-style fish stew (http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/13193/sicilianstyle-fish-stew) last night. The recipe was incredibly easy to follow but I made a couple of adjustments. I used up the rest of the celery I had in my fridge (about 6 sticks), and put them in the food processor with the onion and garlic cloves. Then the celery mixture went into the pot and I added an extra anchovy (because I absolutely love them!), a few good shakes of chilli flakes and a sprinkle of paprika. I used boneless hake fillets as they were on special this week. The fish only took 5 minutes to cook until it started to fall apart - the texture was lovely. I topped with basil as I didn't have any parsley, but it complimented the dish nicely. The flavours were really strong and delicious. Try it if you don't mind a bit of spice in your life!



No comments:

Post a Comment