Wednesday 10 August 2011

Omega 3 And Couscous

What better way to start a week of uni than with a serving of brain food? I'm talking fish! One of my sisters gave me Jamie Oliver's book "Jamie's Dinners" for my birthday, and it's a beauty! Omega 3 and Couscous - yes it's really called that - is a great recipe with punches of flavour (http://www.jamieoliver.com/recipes/fish-recipes/omega-3-couscous) . 


I couldn't get my hands on red mullet, but used a salmon fillet instead. The recipe was really easy to follow, but I went a bit hard on the gas thinking the fish wouldn't cook and burnt the pan a little when the fish, vegetable mix and couscous were simmering. Next time I'll keep it low because the fish cooks in the steam that's produced. The natural yoghurt, fennel leaves and lemon mixture really lifted the dish. It was super easy to cook and the flavours were sensational. I ate the leftover couscous for lunch and it tasted amazing even without the salmon. Go on, give it a try!


No comments:

Post a Comment