Friday 26 August 2011

Pass The Salt

Never one to say no to a curry (or any food for that matter), I cooked an Indian-inspired mushroom and potato curry with chicken (http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/2027/onepot-mushroom-and-potato-curry). As it was a mid-week meal I cheated and used tikka massala curry paste instead of making my own. The recipe was straight forward but the timing was off - it took at least 30 minutes to cook the potato (if I was to make it again, I'd parboil the spuds). I added some chicken make the dish more appetising to the other half, but all in all it lacked real flavour (even though I added 6 teaspoons of curry paste). The eggplant was lovely and a few good shakes of salt sorted it out, but compared to a Thai curry, the flavour complexity just wasn't there. 


No comments:

Post a Comment