Monday 22 August 2011

Galleon Cafe

You might recall me trying to get into Galleon Cafe (http://galleoncafe.com.au/) a few weeks ago but I wasn't keen on waiting around for a table. So we decided to get up a little earlier the next week to beat the Sunday diners. The cafe is really quirky - the walls are lined with posters and community ads, and the tables and booths are an eclectic mix of old and new. The menus are worn, but still manage to entice my taste buds. One of the first things I notice is the price - most of the items on the breakfast menu are around $10-12. This is a far cry from other local cafes were their prices can spiral upwards of $20. There is a great variety, including some interesting vegetarian options. I went for the sweet potato, basil and feta hash, served with wilted spinach, one poached egg and tomato and chilli chutney. My boyfriend went for the BLAT (a BLT with avocado) and an extra sausage. Unfortunately the kitchen didn't synchronise our order, so by the time my breakfast came out, my boyfriend had almost finished his. The hash was quite tasty, but the meal came with two and one was enough! It also could've done with more chutney as I found it rather dry, but the flavours all together were really nice. I'd definitely go back again, because there's plenty more I'd like to try on the menu and it is excellent value for money. 


Galleon on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment