Sunday 28 August 2011

(Almost Spring) Lamb

This weekend was all about succulent market fresh lamb, and for that I'm eternally grateful! After being introduced to a surprising array of Weight Watchers recipes last week, I found the perfect recipe to satisfy myself and my carbivore boyfriend. Lamb shanks with mushroom ragout (http://www.weightwatchers.com.au/food/rcp/index.aspx?recipeid=46811) was very easy to cook and the rich, sweet flavours were absolutely amazing. I only cooked one lamb shank between the two of us (but it weighed in at about 400 grams!), and pulled the meat off the bone before adding it to the pasta and mushroom ragout. 


As a special treat, my boyfriend (ex-lamb hater) cooked an absolutely delicious feast for the two of us. After getting our hands on a deliciously juicy rack of lamb from the markets, the boyfriend busied himself in the kitchen for about an hour before producing a lovely meal - rack of lamb with warm salad of mixed beans & slow-roast tomatoes (http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/711659/rack-of-lamb-with-warm-salad-of-mixed-beans-and-sl). The lamb was cooked beautifully, and the beans and almond salad added a really lovely texture. I'm a lucky lady - he can cook for me anytime! 


No comments:

Post a Comment