Tuesday 13 September 2011

My Thai

On Sunday I got back from an all-inclusive weekend at the snow which comprised of minimal skiing, excessive drinking and a citrus food fight. Orange-stained and feeling extremely unhealthy, a fresh, wholesome dinner was calling me. Trawling BBC Good Food's website (my fallback for any meal) I found a couple of delicious recipes and decided to use them together. I made Thai chicken cakes (http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/1883/thai-chicken-cakes-with-sweet-chilli-sauce) with a vermicelli noodle salad from this recipe http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/12261/spicy-prawncakes-with-noodle-salad. I added about a teaspoon of cumin to the minced chicken mixture and after rolling them into cakes left them in the fridge for about half an hour. The dressing for the noodle salad didn't taste quite right so I added a tablespoon of sweet chilli sauce. I was worried the chicken cakes might have been a bit dry but they were lovely. The fresh coriander brought the dish together and it was sooo good. Sorted me right out!


No comments:

Post a Comment