Wednesday 7 September 2011

Chicken Parmigiana With Rocket Salad

Shocking as this may sound, only once have I eaten a parma. And it wasn't even a whole one - I think I had a bite of my boyfriend's. Given the amount of time I've spent in the pub over the years I feel not having eaten one is almost sacrilegious. But thanks to Weight Watchers (enough already!) I cooked a chicken parma (http://www.weightwatchers.co.nz/food/rcp/index.aspx?recipeid=152891) and ate the lot. Of course there are some slight variations - mainly that the Weight Watchers version actually fits on the plate. I halved a 300g chicken breast and made a few incisions on the fatter half so it would lay a bit flatter whilst in the fry pan. The recipe asks for bocconcini but I used a piece of Jarlsberg cheese and put half on each piece of chicken. And instead of having potatoes with the parma we just had salad with chickpeas. Other than that I followed the recipe to a tee. Easy, Weight Watchers-approved comfort food. 


No comments:

Post a Comment