Wednesday 7 September 2011

Beef Koftas With Chickpea Couscous

I actually don't know what I'm going to do when I run out of Weight Watchers recipes to try. I feel like I've fallen on an untapped resource of guilt-free meal options. The other night I spiced it up with some beef koftas and chickpea couscous (http://www.weightwatchers.com.au/food/rcp/index.aspx?recipeid=153951). I made the recipe more student-friendly by leaving out the parsley and fresh mint (instead I used dried mint), and made a greek salad, which is not part of the Weight Watchers recipe (but I used reduced fat fetta and left out the olives so surely that counts for something!). The recipe was easy to prepare and tasted great (although next time I think I'll season the beef mixture before making into koftas). I really loved the natural yoghurt and mint sauce, which went so well with the koftas and chickpea couscous. This would be a great recipe for a summer bbq.


No comments:

Post a Comment