Tuesday 26 July 2011

Uni Blues Quick Fix

Reality came crashing down on me like a tonne of rolling pins today with the return of uni. It was quite surreal to return to campus after studying abroad last semester. Uni just doesn’t feel complete without a well-catered buffet restaurant! Without the student restaurant to appease my hunger, I had another quick-fix meal in mind – Prawn noodle broth. It might not sound like much, but it was so tasty! The recipe’s called Chinese Chicken Noodle Broth from www.bbcgoodfood.com.
I substituted the chicken for green prawns, used a green chilli because all the red chillis had gone walkabout and loaded up on the egg noodles to satisfy even the most hunger-ravaged of souls. To finish the dish off I fried up a bunch of Enoki mushrooms left over from the risotto (see Sunday Sessions) which added a bit of crunch. The recipe was ridiculously easy and all-in-all took about 10 minutes. I’ll definitely be making this again.

No comments:

Post a Comment